"Aluminum alloy corrosion by seawater"
"I am looking for an accelerated corrosion test to evaluate interfacial corrosion of aluminium alloys caused by seawater. Any comments or suggestions on how to conduct the tests would be greatly appreciated."
Several ASTM standards detail general corrosion testing of metals, tests for pitting and crevice corrosion resistance and testing in simulated seawater environments that may meet your needs. They can be downloaded from ASTM's web site for a nominal fee, which you can find a link to from our "links" page under the category "Technical Associations".
Several pertinanent standards would include:
1. G31 - Laboratory Immersion Corrosion Testing of Metals
2. G34 - Exfoliation Corrosion Susceptibilitiy in 2XXX and 7XXX Aluminum Alloys
3. G48 - Pitting and Crevice Corrosion Resistance of Stainless Steels and Related Alloys by the Use of Ferric Chloride Solution
4. G52 - Exposing and Evaluating Metals and Alloys in Surface Seawater
5. G100 - Conducting Cyclic Galvanostaircase Polarization
6. G102 - Calculation of Corrosion Rates and Related Information from Electrochemical Measurements.
|| << return to the previous page ::