The following papers have been published or presented by David Hendrix. If you would like to receive a personal copy of a paper, you can contact the author at Hendrix Group Email.
The papers marked with the icon are available in Portable Document Format (pdf) on-line. Please read the following disclaimer and click the "I Agree" button to gain access to the viewable and downloadable files.
The materials are provided by the hendrix group inc. On an "as is" basis, and the hendrix group inc. Expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the materials. In no event shall the hendrix group be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to use of the materials.
- API 5CT Grade L80 (Type 1) Tubing: Environmental Cracking in Non-sour Service Wells and the Influence of Metallurgy, Well Stimulation and Chemical Treatment, March 15-19, 2015, NACE Corrosion 2015, Dallas, TX.
- Essential Elements of a Piping Reliability Program: Development and Management of Corrosion Systems and Circuits, API Inspection Summit 2013, January 7-10, 2013, Galveston Island Convention Center, Galveston, TX.
- The elusive goal of “Root Cause” failure analysis – the importance of persistence, as illustrated by O&G production corrosion case histories: (1) Distinguishing between MIC, CO2 and H2S pitting and, (2) the accelerated corrosion of alloy 625 injection tubing in wet gas production wells. ASM Houston Chapter Failure Analysis Seminar, April 2‐3, 2012
- Corrosion Control Documents, An Essential Element of a Mechanical Integrity and Risk-based Inspection Program, API Inspection Summit 2011, January 24-27, 2011, Galveston Island Convention Center, Galveston, TX.
- Guidance for Plant Personnel in Gathering Data and Samples for Material Failure Analyses, Materials Technology Institute (MTI) Book, 2009.
- Corrosion of Metals in Contact with Preservative-Treated Wood, An Update, June 2006 (printed by ARCH Wood Protection)
- Corrosion of Copper and Copper Alloys in Potable Water Systems, NACE Central Area Conference, October 1-4, 2006.
- Benefits and Challenges Associated with CRA Injection Tubing in Corrosive Gas Wells, D. E. Hendrix, R. B. Sullivan III, D. L. Hinson, SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Houston, Texas, 26-29 September 2004.
- Brittle Fracture of an Underground Gas Gathering Pipeline at ERW Weld Groove Defects, D. E. Hendrix, Steve O’Toole, Richard Mueller, Ronald Frishmuth, Corrosion/2002, Paper No. 02101 (Houston, TX: NACE, 2002).
- Aggressive Corrosion of 316SS in an Amine Unit: Causes and Cures, D. E. Hendrix, F. Addington, Corrosion/2000, Paper No. 698 (Houston, TX: NACE, 2000).
- Analysis and Remediation of a CO2 Pipeline Failure, D. E. Hendrix, R. D. Kane, K. E. Kueter, Corrosion/2000, Paper No. 9, (Houston, TX: NACE, 2000).
- Effects of Heater Operation on Creep Rupture of Carburized Cast Ethylene Heater tubes and The Results of a Test Program to Optimize Heater Tube Alloy Selection, Eighth International Process Plant Reliability Conference, Hydrocarbon Processing, October 24‐28, 1999.
- Performance of Cast Tube Alloys in an Ethylene Pyrolysis Test Heater, MP 38, 6 (Houston, TX: NACE, 1999)
- High Strength Fasteners In Atmospheric Service, Fatigue and Failure of Fasteners, TechEdge Series, Corrosion/99, (Houston, TX.: NACE).
- Revise Aboveground Storage Tank Inspections, (Houston, TX: Hydrocarbon Processing, October 1998), p.105.
- The Comparative Performance of Six Cast Tube Alloys in an Ethylene Pyrolysis Test Heater, Corrosion/98, Paper No. 430, (Houston, TX: NACE, 1998).
- Hot Corrosion of a 25 MW Land‐Based Turbine in a Marine Environment, Corrosion/98, Paper No. 203, (Houston, TX: NACE, 1998).
- Hydrogen Embrittlement of High‐Strength Fasteners in Atmospheric Service, MP 36,12 (Houston, TX: NACE, 1997) p. 54.
- Hot Corrosion Failure of a 25 MW Land‐Based Gas Turbine in a Marine Environment, NACE International Central Area Conference, September 28 - October 1, 1997, Galveston, TX.
- Proper Selection and Installation of Elastomers in Petrochemical Systems, NACE International Central Area Conference, September 28 - October 1, 1997, Galveston, TX.
- Inspecting Process Equipment Based On Probability‐of‐Failure Rankings, Energy Week Conference, January 28‐30, 1997, Houston, TX.
- Update Aboveground Storage Tank Inspections, Hydrocarbon Processing, November 1996.
- Caveats in the Selection and Installation of Elastomeric Materials for Gasketed Joints, Energy Rubber Group, Winter Technical Meeting, Houston, TX, January 18, 1996.
- Risk Based Inspection: A Qualitative Risk‐Based Methodology for Ranking Fixed Equipment on the Probability of Internal Failure, The 4th International Conference on Process Plant Reliability, Hydrocarbon Processing, Houston, TX, November 14‐17, 1995.
- Hydrogen Attack on Waterwall Tubes in a High-Pressure Boiler, MP 34, 8 (Houston, TX: NACE, 1995), p. 46.
- The Influence of Water Cycle Chemistry in the Failure of Water‐Wall Tubes in a High‐Pressure Boiler Due to Hydrogen Attack, Corrosion/95, Paper No. 613, (Houston, TX: NACE, 1995).
- Improve Storage Tank Inspections, Hydrocarbon Processing, January 1995.
- Hazardous Chemicals Process Equipment: Assuring Reliability from Design Through Installation, Hydrocarbon Processing's 3rd International Conference on Improving Reliability in Petroleum Refineries and Chemical Plants, Houston, TX., Nov. 15‐18, 1994.
- Engineering Alternatives to Repair After An API 653 Tank Inspection, International Liquid Terminals Association, 14th International Operating Conference, June 13‐16, 1994.
- Revising Corporate Standards for Capital Projects: A Case History, JPCL, 10, 11: (1993), p. 27.
- Paint Standards for Large Capital Projects, Protective Coatings for Petrochemical Facilities, Proceedings from the SSPC Petrochemical Conference, Houston, TX. June 2‐5, 1993.
- Ongoing Failure of Potable Water Piping in a High‐Rise Hotel‐ Causes and Cures, ASPE, February 1993 meeting.
- High Temperature Wrought Alloys, Process Industries Corrosion‐The Theory and Practice, (Houston, TX: NACE, 1986).
- Contributing Factors to the Unusual Creep Growth of Furnace Tubing in Ethylene Service, Corrosion/85, Paper No.21, (Houston, TX: NACE, 1985).
- Metallurgical Investigation of a Methanol Furnace Tubing Failure, Corrosion/84, Paper No. 13 (Houston, TX: NACE, 1984).
Back to Top