Failure Analysis Services
“Chances are, if you have a problem, we’ve already seen it.”
Failure analysis is the logical, systematic examination of an item that has failed. We analyze the item’s construction, application, and documentation to determine what failed and how it failed. We then make recommendations to prevent similar, subsequent failures.
We believe that failure analysis without recommendations does not do justice to the client's true needs.
Specializing in complete failure analysis and corrective actions
The Hendrix Group specializes in root-cause failure analysis, corrosion investigations, materials and metallurgical engineering, fitness for service to API 579, and product liability analysis. We determine how and why equipment, components, metals, alloys and non-metals fail. We also perform complete, thorough investigations to determine the fitness of equipment that has deteriorated due to corrosion, fracture, mechanical damage, or exposure to fire.
Bringing over 80 years of experience and thousands of failure investigations
We appreciate your need to understand the exact cause of a failure, and we are known for providing honest, practical client-specific solutions. Our materials and corrosion engineers have more than 80 years of combined practical experience with mechanical and corrosion-related failures. We have conducted thousands of failure analysis investigations. This experience extends across most industries, including power utility plants, refineries, chemical plants, pulp and paper mills, and manufacturing facilities.
Engineering backed by laboratory testing
Our engineers are supported by a well-equipped laboratory. The combination of engineering experience and laboratory facilities allows us to efficiently uncover the root cause of a failure and help recommend the best solution to prevent recurrence.
Chances are, if you have a problem, we’ve already seen it. We look forward to helping you with your failure needs and providing you with practical engineering solutions.
Categories of our consulting expertise:
- Upstream and Downstream Oil & Gas
- Medical Instruments
- Commercial Properties
- Government Agency
- Alloy Producers
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Ship and Ship Building
- Commercial Laundry
- Water and Wastewater
Projects representative of our work:
- Hydrogen embrittlement of downhole equipment, fasteners and boiler tubes
- Carburization and oxidation of ethylene cracking furnace tubes
- Environmental stress corrosion cracking
- Crevice corrosion of CRA's and nickel alloys in seawater
- Corrosion/cracking of stainless steel commercial laundry equipment
- Fatigue failures of rotating equipment
- CO2 corrosion modeling of subsea production risers and onshore production tubing
- Brittle failure of high-voltage transmission tower 304SS compression fittings
- Corrosion of copper and galvanized potable water piping in commercial properties
- Petroleum and LPG product hose failures
- Corrosion and corrosion modeling of natural gas transportation piping
- Corrosion of tanker trucks
- Corrosion evaluation of commercial/residential natural gas corrugated hose coatings
- Brittle failure of offshore jack-up rig components
- Corrosion failure of power plant seawater piping
- High-temperature fuel ash corrosion
- Boiler and steam generating corrosion
- Cooling water corrosion
- Storage tank corrosion