Metallurgical Laboratory Testing Services
“Full-service … testing capabilities staffed by experienced personnel and equipped with the latest technology.”
Testing is an integral part of conducting a failure analysis. Through laboratory testing we can determine a component's tensile strength, hardness, toughness and chemical properties.
Exclusive test facility and experience
The Hendrix Group is affiliated with the only AWS Accredited Test Facility in Houston and one of only four accredited laboratories in Texas maintaining A2LA and ISO 9003 compliance.
The Hendrix Group Inc. has been providing corrosion consulting, corrosion prevention, and corrosion-control services for more than 35 years. Our objectives are:
- to provide a high quality of service at a reasonable price
- to develop practical solutions to clients' corrosion problems
- to work with our clients as a team.
Full-service testing with timely delivery
The Hendrix Group can provide full-service chemical, mechanical and metallurgical testing capabilities staffed by experienced personnel and equipped with the latest technology.
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) is used to observe fractures at high magnifications to determine their fracture mode.
- Energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) is used to investigate the composition of corrosion products and deposits.
- Corrosion studies can be performed to verify an alloys' corrosion resistance to a specific environment or to confirm proper manufacture.
Results for routine testing are typically available within 48 hours of the receipt of the sample. We can also provide 24-hour and weekend service for time-critical needs.
Our Laboratory Test Capabilities include:
- Chemical Analysis
- Tensile Testing
- SEM/EDS Analysis
- Drop Weight Tear Testing
- Wear Testing
- Hardness Testing
- Corrosion Testing
- Heat Treating
- Grain Size Dermination
- Charpy/Izod Toughness Tests
- Weld Procedure Qualifications
- Volume Fraction Analysis
- Coating Thickness Measurements
- Salt Fog Testing
- Material Type Verification
- Reverse Engineering